Saturday, October 25, 2008

AWAKE COMRADES...!

I don't know the art of compromise
I am unfit for the game of life

Sorrows are my siblings
How long will I hide it with coverings

Yesterday on the accursed street
I met my childhood mate

I was hating and blaming
And a devil was somewhere laughing

Then from the distant dark I heard those sounds
It called for every one to cover up their unhealed wounds

I looked back sluggishly for a moment
I was dumbstruck seeing the fiery torrent

The message was clear ' Oh comrades
We have nothing to lose but our sorrows'

The color of the flag was no longer red
The black and white shades of life instead

Oh my fellow mates, brothers and sisters
Our bonds are stronger than blood ties

We are united not by birth, creed, hunger or color
But by the burning sorrows deep inside the soul

In that flame let us burn this world to ashes
From that ashes let humanity rise like a phoenix.

mashoodkk

No comments: