Sunday, September 28, 2008

LONELY KID AND SOLITUDE

I was then five or six
I had to be there till four or five
All would have left by three or four
Except for one or two

After that 'I' the only one
In the big building alone
Becoming bigger and bigger
As time goes and goes

My little heart longed for a company
Many a times in desperation
I remember how ecstatic it was
When occasionally I got one
Or when my father came early from his work.
But it was only rarely
And mostly I was lonely
Spare the empty benches and desks
And trespassers who never minds

In the beginning I used to cry
Then I realized its futility

The first realization of my life
Little tender feet trembled for a while

I can smell a relation
Of my love of solitude
And for humanity, a passion
To those days, though decades have passed

At the underlying contradiction I wonder
It has to be by nature

Poems from the book of life
Cannot always afford the luxury of rhyme.

No comments: